WHY DOES MY CAR SHAKES LIKE IT WANTS TO STALL WHEN FOOT IS ON BREAK PEDAL AT A STOP LIGHT?

2000 Nissan Altima • 156,000 miles

I have a 2000 Nissan Altima Gxe Codes stored are for knock sensor and catalytic converter, occasionally when I come to a stop at a stop light and my foot is on the break my car shakes like if it wants to stall If I give it slight gas from the excelerator it is fine and stops shaking. I know I need the knock sensor and catalytic converter fixed but my mechanic told me they are just emission codes no need to rush getting it fixed, I am wondering if this shaking has anything to do with either of those issues? This has happened to me 3 times in 6 months I drive at least 100-150 miles a month at most. P.S I am a female and Have no car knowledge so Please explain any mechanic terminology I might not understand
Joshanti81

Hmm, it's hard to know based on your question, but you might have a misfire. Your mechanic is wrong. You need to take your car to a better mechanic.
The shaking can be from those codes but I don't know for sure since I don't know what the code numbers are.
The first thing you need to do is take your car to a good mechanic. There could be very serious issues going on with your car.

Promechanic