HEADLIGHTS

1995 Jeep Cherokee • 6 cylinder FWD •

My headlights don't work on a 95 jeep cherokee sport.I relaced the fuse, headlight switch and headlights. What could it be?
Floordude

Any applicable fuses, did you use a voltage tester to check for voltage at the fuse circuit?

Yes. It's OK. Is their anyway to run a jumper wire to the headlights to see if the work? Or is their even anything else I can do?

Floordude
All I can do is track the voltage circuit and check ground. Did you check for voltage and ground at the headlamp assembly?

Yes. With the headlight switch on, I have no voltage at the headlight plug.

Floordude
At the headlamp switch, do you have voltage at the red wire with orange tracer? Then, with headlamp switch on, the tan wire with black tracer should be hot, is it?

Yes I have voltage, but it is a red wire and blue tracer. Yes the brown and black wire is hot.

Floordude
Check the wiring at the dimmer switch. Tan wire with black tracer hot with the headlamp switch on. Violet wire with white tracer, also hot, carries voltage to headlamps.

It is a red wire with a white tracer. Yes it is hot with the switch on.

Floordude
If the voltage circuits are all ok, check the ground at the headlamp connector, black wire. One way to check ground, is to use a testlite connected to battery voltage, touch to black wire terminal, with connector loose, if the lite comes on, the ground is good.

I checked the ground wire and the light came on

Floordude