GMC YUKON ENGINE PROBLEM

1995 GMC Yukon • 280,000 miles

I'm having problems with engine power and fuel consumption on my 95 Yukon 5.7L. It starts fine. Idles fine. But when I'm on the hwy or going up hills (any size) I have no power to accelerate. The engine bogs down like its flooding. I've changed the rotator, cap, plugs and wires. Also EGR and EGR Solenoid. My concern is the injectors. The look to be squirting not spraying fuel. The exhaust smells badly of un burnt gas.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I-r-welder81

When the engine is trying to bog, does the tranny downshift? If not, downshift manually, see if it helps.

I got in too big a hurry. Use a gage and check for correct fuel pressure. How long since a tune-up? 02 sensors are part of a tune-up. Because 95 is a cross-over year, you may have a hybrid datalink connector, so checking codes might be a pain without proper equipment.

Thanks for the quick reply. I did a tune up this week. Changed all distributor parts, plugs and wires. Egr and selinoid. No codes come up. And yes the tranny downshifts fine. The injectors seem to spray a lot of fuel. So much that fuel droplets form above the throttle plate. Is that normal? Hope this info helps.

I-r-welder81
Are the injectors leaking? You can check 02 sensor signal reading. Check at the pcm between sensor signal and ground. Use a digital multimeter set on mv/millivolts.