FUEL PRESSURE PROBLEM

1995 GMC Jimmy • 255,886 miles

95 GMC JIMMY 256885 miles 4.3 vtec had erratic idle for couple of days. Cleaned iac valve this am now have crank no start. Checked fuel pressure koeo 60psi then drops to zero after 2 sec. A/c delco fuel pump put in 8months ago was getting tps code also. No start
Kvn4

Check voltage @ starter

Djcl
Title had been truncated. Can you please elaborate?

If you had sprayed carb ceaner into the throttle body, it would definitely make it hard to start, at least for a while.

The fuel pressure driopping to 0 after 2 seconds indicate the fuel pump is working but you have a leak in the system. It could be from the fuel delivery line and intank or the fuel pressure regulator is bad.
Try clamping the return hose and testing the pressure to see if it drops, if yes, you would need to check the fuel pump side. If pressure does not drop, replace the fuel pressure regulator.

Had tps code yesterday with eractic idle but car started no problem. Cleaned iac valve this am and now have no start even with starter fluid. Checked spider area inside intake and just wet no gas smell. Tried startind seems to want to start but doesnt catch.

Kvn4
Any pics of fuel return hose. Or instructions. Thanks k

Kvn4
Ee if the plugs are soked might be flooded

Djcl
Is your system CPI or TBI? For TBI the pressure dropping to 0 when ignition is turned off is correct.

Cpi pulled one plug and gunked up and wet. Shall get new ones tonight when wife gets home as stuck for now. Is best way to change them to go through wheel wells. Will do tomorrow and let you guys know. Thanks again k

Kvn4
You're symptoms are pointing to a leaking fuel injector assembly. The early Vortecs were notorious for that.

Wrenchtech
Changed plugs (i hate doing the left side) started right up but back to my high idle. Have code for the tps, could that be my problem or something else causing code. Money very tight but if you think should replace ill go with your advice.

Kvn4
Yes a bad tps can cause a hi idle. Can you check the voltage on all 3 wires and let me know what thay are with key on

Djcl