WHY DOES MY CAR RUN HOT WHEN I STOP AND IDLE BUT IS COOL WHEN I'M DRIVING IN MOTION?

1995 Ford Taurus • 13,433 miles

My car runs hot when I stop at red lights or idle for longer than 5 minutes but is cool when im driving down the road.
Stackin37334

Why does my car run hot when I idle but is cool when I drive? Sorry

Stackin37334
Sounds like your radiator cooling fan isnt working?

Na the fans work fine could it be the water pump?

Stackin37334
If it was a bad water pump or thermostat it wouldnt cool down when driving because driving or not the coolant wouldnt circulate from the engine to the radiator and back. Thats why I say the radiator fan because if the fan wasnt working correctly or coming in at the correct temp it would heat up when not moving. Then cool down while driving because the air is passing thru the radiator.

Well there seems to be rust in the radiator and i'm guessing that there might be rust in the water pump causeing it to not circulate like it should just wanna get a second approval?

Stackin37334
If its overheating when not moving and cools down when moving that to me sounds like there just isnt any air going thru the radiator unless its moving. So what temp does the radiator fan come on at?