PROBLEM

1995 Acura Integra • Automatic •

My 1995 Acura Integra won't start. It cranks but won't start. It has fuel compression and spark. What's wrong with it?
HelenaMarie92

If it had the right amount of each it would be running so you need to do some more in depth testing.

Every engine requires spark, fuel and compression to run. That's what we have to look for.

These are the basics that need to be tested and will give us the info required to isolate a cause.

1) Test for spark at the plug end of the wire using a spark tester. If none found, check for power supply on the + terminal of the coil with the key on.

2) Test for injector pulse using a small bulb called a noid light. If none found, check for power supply at one side of the injector with the key on.

3) Use a fuel pressure gauge to test for correct fuel pressure, also noticing if the pressure holds when key is shut off.

4) If all of these things check good, then you would need to do a complete compression test.

Once you have determined which of these functions has dropped out,
you will know which system is having the problem.

Wrenchtech
That is exactly what I have done so far and everything checks out just fine. I recently replaced the water pump and as soon as I had that in, the car refused to start.

HelenaMarie92
It's failed something there.

Wrenchtech