NO START, NO SPARK

1995 Acura Integra

1995 Acura Integra 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual

Working on a friends 95 Integra. She had it in one of the " import shops" here in the town we live in, and they diagnosed the problem as a fuel pump. I am trying to get my own shop up and running, and she decided to bring it to me. I confirmed the fuel pump was not working, got her a new pump, filter, strainer. Got everything in and have fuel pressure through the fuel rail, but would not fire. Pulled 2 spark plugs, and turned it, no spark. Checked for voltage on the Black/yellow distributor wire and have 12.6 v for ign run, and ign starting. Pulled distributor cap, checked the points and rotor, look good, cleaned them up a little. Tested the ignition coil, and have 0.7 Ohms resistance on the primary, 13.9 on secondary. I'm thinking it might be something unplugged that the shop who first looked at it did, but I cannot find anything unplugged. Please give me a few ideas on where to look or test next. BTW check engine light does come on and shut off after 2 seconds when key is turned.
AverageJoes

If that is the resistance you got between terminals A and B, that is perfect. The secondary resistance between terminal A and the secondary tower resistance should be between 12,800 19,200 ohms @ 68 degrees, so it sounds like the coil is good. Here is a picture if it helps:

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/249084_coil_2.jpg

Now, is the ignitor working properly. Follow these directions to check it:

1) Remove the distributor cap and rotor.

2) Disconnect the black/yellow, white/blue, yellow/green, and blue wires from the ignitor.

3) Turn ignition on. Check for power between the black/yellow wire and ground. If voltage doesn't exist, check for an open between the ignitor and the ignition switch. If there is power move on to # 4.

4) Check for power between white/blue wire and ground. If no power exist, check the wire for damage. If there is power, move on to next step.

5) Unplug the PCM wiring harness and check for continunity in the green/yellow wire between the PCM and the ignitor. Also, check continunity of the blue wire between the ignitor and tachometer.

6) Replace or repair wiring as necessary. If there are no wiring problems, replace the ignitor.

Let me know if this helps or if you have other questions. These types of problems can be difficult but I think the ignitor is the problem. Let me know what you find. Keep in mind, if they removed the PCM wiring harness, it may not be properly reinstalled.

Thanks for using 2carpros.com and happy new year!

X2

Aristotle