MITSUBISHI MIRAGE SPARK PROBLEM

1994 Mitsubishi Mirage • 150,000 miles

Hi guys,

I have a Mitsubishi Mirage 1994. I think that this car have a electrical problems, but a don't identify the root cause. The car crank but not start. Some times start at random and then stop. I detected a oil leak and replaced the seal.
Then I changed, spark pugs, cables, rotor, ignition cap, and coil. When the car don't start not spark is present. At random times, a moved the ignition and start and them stop.

The ignition could be defective? If the answer is yes, How may test it before replace it. Or another think that I considered to test and replace.

Thanks Guys and Happy Holidays!

Jose
Jose brandi

Which engine do you have?

1.5 L

Jose brandi
Let us start with the basic test.

At the distributor, there are a few wires and the biggest size of all, Black/White gets its power from the igntion switch. When you have a no spark condition, check to see if you have battery voltage at this wire with ignition switch turned on and while cranking. If power is available, the problem is most likely to be the ignition coil.

Thanks a lot!

Jose

Jose brandi
You're welcome.