DOES A FRONT DRIVE AXLE TURN IF THE TRANSFER CASE IS BAD

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee • 196,000 miles

I engaged the 4x4 and it was turning
Constance01

If the 4x4 lock up is working it will turn, what are the symptoms that make you think that the transfer is faulty?

Mhpautos
They guy I got it from said the transfer case was bad and he unhooked the front drive axle and I had a friend look at my transfer case and he engaged the 4x4 with the drive line hooked in the case and it was turning but I was under it yesterday and with the engine off the drive line was moving with no problem and I was wandering if that would be a sign if it was bad

Constance01
Hard engagement, noisy operation, jumping out of drive, check oil and test drive to see what you find.

Mhpautos
Ok I will have to hook up the drive line with a new u-joint what would cause it to die in the middle of the road while driving I have replaced the fuel filter and clean the throttle plate and changed the coil on the side of the engine block

Constance01
Need to know if any codes in system, did it loose spark, fuel pressure or injector pulse?

Mhpautos
No codes of lose of spark on injector pulse it just dies then I pull over for a few then she starts after a few seconds I thought the distributor but done check it then I checked the plugs and they are all good and also cleaner the injectors with lucas injector cleaner

Constance01
If you have spark, and injector pulse, it will be a problem with the fuel system, either pressure or flow related.

Mhpautos
Ok I will check the flow and the pressure and see how much flow but it only does it if it is real cold in the morning

Constance01