DIED WHILE DRIVING, AND WONT START.

1994 GMC Sonoma • 130,000 miles

The engine shut off while driving and wont start now. It sounds like it wants to start but doesnt turn over. I pulled off the air filter cover and had a friend try and start it. It looked as if fuel was getting to the engine, I even sprayed some starting fluid and it would start. I replaced the ignition coil, distributer cap, and rotor. It started up, but died after about 3 seconds, and wont start again. Any ideas what the problem might be?
DavidD88

In my question I put, I sprayed starting fluid and it would start. I meant that it WOULD NOT start.

DavidD88
Check the fuel pressure if its within specs and injection pulses if okay-

No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing