WONT STAY RUNNING

1994 Dodge Ram • V8 4WD Automatic • 123,000 miles

I hav a 1994 dodge ram 2500 with a 5.9 in it. Recently I replaced the spark plugs bcuz when I was driving it before it would jus bog out somtimes like the spark plug wires wer bad I also replaced the wires. It was driving fine for about an hour then it all of a sudden was bogging out really bad. I parked it at my place now it wont stay runnin. Ive checked the firing order 3 times on it and checked the spark plugs. Nothin is wrong with them. And im sure its not out of timeing. Wat could be wrong with it
Tim Sparks

Use a gage and check fuel pressure. Did you visibly check for spark at the plugs? Any applicable mil codes?

I dont hav a gauge and ther brand new plugs. But it doesnt help that I had 2 get them 4m autozone. Wats applicable mil codes

Tim Sparks
Some of the national brand autostores will loan out a fuel pressure gage. You can use a known good spark plug or spark tester to check for spark at the plugs. You pull a spark plug wire from plug, stick tester in boot, ground metal part of tester to metal part of engine, engine cranking, watch for spark. In a bind, you can use a phillips screwdriver in the plug boot, hold metal shank close to metal part of engine, watch for spark to jump. Caution, I don't like to hold anything in my hand, that secondary voltage will bite, don't blame me.

If you cycle the ignition key, on--off, on--off, on, then the mil lite on the dash starts flashing, you count the flashes to get the codes. Your looking for two digit codes. An example, a code 23, you would have 2 quick fashes follow by a 4 second pause then 3 quick flashes. The pause is slightly longer between codes. Code 55 is end of message/codes. If I can learn to do it, anybody can.