MY CHEVY LEAKS TRANSMISSION FLUID FROM THE BACK OF THE TRANNY WHERE IT IS CONNECTED TO THE DRIVE SHAFT IS THAT A HARD FIX

1994 Chevrolet Van • 105,000 miles

My van leaks transmission fluid from the back of the tranny and where it meets the long shaft that connects to the rear end, is it a bad gasket or a sealant that needs to be reapplied? The van used to die on me when driving the guy at auto zone said its a dirty fuel filter, so I replaced it, he said the pump is good because the van starts but it dies because of the dirty filter, hope he is right.
Abuzaid

So its leaking fluid where the drive shaft goes into the transmission?

Yes that is correct

Abuzaid
Thats the tail shaft seal its not hard to replace.

Thank you~! What about the van shutting off when driving it?

Abuzaid
Iam going to ask that you start a new question for the stalling. That way when other users do a search that have a van like yours that is stalling then can find it and we can help a lot more users. Other wise the transmission leak question will hide the stalling question when they search for them. Thanks in advance for your understanding.

Got you, thanks again for your help.

Abuzaid
Your welcome thanks for understanding we try to help as many users on here as we can.