WHEN I TURN THE IGNITION THE ONLY SOUND I HEAR IS A CLICKING AND IT DOES NOT TURN OVER. IT ONLY STARTS WITH A JUMP AND I JUST BOUGHT A NEW BATTERY 2 WEEKS AGO. WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM? MY CAR IS A '94 FLEETWOOD BROUGHAM.

1994 Cadillac Other • 12,000 miles

I drive a '94 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham and I just replaced the battery two weeks ago. I try to start it and all I hear are clicking noises. The only way it will start is with a jump. It seems to drive fine during the day and start no problem, just overnight and in the morning the engine will not turn over it just makes a clicking noise. HELP PLEASE!
RaeBrannon

Sounds like you have a battery drain. Pull cable and use meter to determine how much current flowing between battery and cable.

Fixitmr
There is a procedure for finding a battery draw like that.

You will need a digital ammeter and a jumper wire with clips on the ends to do this.
First rig any door switches so you can have a door open without triggering the interior lights and unplug the hood light. Remove one battery cable and attach the meter in series between the battery cable and battery post. Take the jumper wire and also attach it the same way. Leave the jumper wire on for at least 10 minutes to expire all the automatic timers. Now remove the jumper wire and read the meter. Anything over 50ma is too much draw. The way you locate this is to start removing fuses one at a time until the meter drops to normal level. This will be the circuit with something staying on. Determine what components are part of that circuit and check them individually until the problem is isolated.

Wrenchtech