AC LIGHT FLASHES,BLINKS ON AND OFF

1993 Toyota Camry • 4 cylinder FWD Automatic • 258,000 miles

1993 camry. Ac button blinks on and off. I can depress the button off and back on and that takes care of it. Then sometime it flashes continually the I have to cut the car off and restart and that causes the ac to work. Also sometime the light stays on and it just starts blowing hot air. Took it to toyota and they said it was the ac amplifier got that and replaced it but those symptons continue. Also replaced the ac relay in the fuse box under the hood.
Rubyred1

Fault is with the A/C switch circuit. It could be a bad switch or a loose connnections somewhere.

Thanks for your reply. Is the ac switch circuit one part or a board with several switches attached to it?

Rubyred1
It is a separate part attached to the panel.

Is the ac switch a part that can be replaced on its own or is it one that needs to be tested to make sure there are no shorts in it? One last question where is it located under the hood or behind the glove compartmentg? Thanks again for your help.

Rubyred1
The A/C switch is the button that I am referring to. It can be replaced on its own.

You can try bypassing the switch and if the A/C works correctly, then the button/switch is definitely faulty.