I HAVE A CLUTCH ISSUE

1993 Saturn SL1 • 170,000 miles

When the car is off it goes into gear fine when I start the car it wont go into gear, plenty of clutch fluid and clutch never slipped prior to this happening ( manuel tranny)
Jasona22

You have eeither a pressure plate or disc failure. It may need a new clutch.

Make sure the fluid is full and the slave cylinder is moving the arm.

Where is the slave cylinder located I know when I have someone shift the level are moving on the tranny, just when its on I feel like the pedal is dead and there is nothing and cant push it into gear

Jasona22
If the pedal feels different, then the slave or clutch master may be the issue. I would have that checked first before replacing the clutch.

Ok I will cheaper to change that first rather than a clutch like I said the clutch never slipped and the pedal deff feels like nothing is going on

Jasona22
Good luck

Is the fluid suppose to move when pressing the clutch in a and out while the car is running cause it just stays at the level is at when not running, and the guy before u said make sure the slave cylinder is moving the arm. Where is that located and what arm

Jasona22
That was me that said that but anyway, the slave on the side of the transaxle assembly. I tis a small round cylinder and has a boot on the end and you will see an arm, small, that is coming out of it. It is short and may be covered by a rubber boot. If you dont see it, go to a shop and have them check it for you.

This might help I put the car in first started it and u drove without letting go of the clutch. Sry im a neon guy not a saturn hahaha yea i'll see if I can see the little arm

Jasona22
I looked on the end of the slave and felt it nothing sticking out i'll just change it and see where that takes me

Jasona22
Make sure you bleed it or you will still have no pedal.

Page 1 of 3