PROBLEMS WITH MY RIGHT TURN SIGNAL

1993 Oldsmobile Achieva • 4 cylinder FWD Automatic • 175,638 miles

1993 Oldsmobile Achieva mileage: 175,634. I am having some problems with my right turn signal; it will come on, but it will not flash. I went to the auto parts store and they told me that I needed a flasher, but I don't know where to install the flasher. The left signal is working fine. Can you tell me where to install the flasher because I have looked under the panel on the inside of the car and the only thing I see there is the fuse section.
2CarPros-Archives

If the left turn signal functions properly, the turn signal flasher is not at fault. Check the bulbs on the right side as you probably have one that is burned out.

2CarPros-Archives
If you take back the carpet in your trunk and disconnecting both connectors by pushing the release catch in while pulling it out (DON'T PULL ON THE WIRES), the taillight module pops out by pulling the inside tab back and gently pulling out on it. I recommend using a test light to ensure there is voltage at the harness plug (5 pins) The black wire is ground but if you ground the light to the trunk latch it works fine. With the turn signal (right) lever in the on position, check the colored wires. The turn signal voltage will not pulse since the connector is unplugged. Of course, if the bulb is black and burned it is obviously burned out. Simply replace it. They don't always look burned if just one of the two filiments is broken. The small connector on the bottom of the module is for the two side marker bulbs. You will often find one or both of these are out also. Now is the time to replace them. A 1/4 turn counterclockwise will release them and you can pull them out. I use a needle nosed plier to gently turn the bulb sockets because my fingers are too large to fit in the tight space. Hope this helps.

Dwb812