MY STALLS SOMETIMES THEN STARTS AFTER A WHILE

1993 Mazda MX6 • 32 miles

Stalls when driving and this happens after driving for a while then I will give it two mints b4 its start again. It has amisfiring but yu can really notice it when its idling.
Opondo

Start by checking and monitoring the fuel pressure if its within specs

This seems to be electrical issue but am not sure, the gas pressure seems to be fine.I suspect the disty ! But I dnt knw how to check on that.

Opondo
For a starter-try replacing the fuel filter and see what happens-if not get someone that can do the fuel pressure check-

I'll change the filter then let you knw !

Opondo
When engine stalled, did the dash indicators lights turn on?

Yes it did !

Opondo
Intermittent problems are never easy to diagnose and you have to have some testing equipment on hand to perform tests when the problem occurs.

When engine stalled and could not be started immediately, you need to test what is missing then, fuel or ignition sparks.

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

The above link explains how to go about testing.

As to the distributor, it could be due to a failing ignition coil and you can only perform ohm tests. As problem is intermittent, the ohm test might not be accurate.