FORD EXPLORER FUSE PROBLEM

1993 Ford Explorer • 4WD Automatic • 123,000 miles

93 ford explorer gages won't work, and 4x4 won't work
RMC Landscaping

What gauges are not working? Have you checked to see if there is power to the 4wd actuator on the transfer case?

Let me know.

Fuel, temp gage, battery, tach, 4x4 don't work. All of these quit working at the same time. I have changed all gages, checked all the grounds in the engine compartment, changed the GEM. I looked for the grounds under the dash but can't find them. I don't know where to go from here. The 4x4 light on the dash won't light up, and I changed the motor on the transfer case last year. I also checked the fuses. Thanks for your response.

RMC Landscaping
The only thing that I can say is to check the body control module. IT sounds like you replaced everything else.

Wiggle the harness were it comes through the fire wall and check the fuse.

Goodfellas1957
Thank you, Could you tell where to find the body control module?

RMC Landscaping
Not sure if they had one in 93

Goodfellas1957
Drove my son to school came home shut off truck waited 1min went to re start got it started checked for codes and got code po300 misfire detected but no check engine light came on?

Goodfellas1957
I have a 94 f150 4.9 4speed od and was having electrical problems with it and took apart the conection block on the fire wall in witch ford are notorius for having corrosion problems there cleaned and put elect grease on the female side of the block and never had a problem again. Also make sure you have power (12 volts) at both sides of the fuse(if it lights a test light the fuse is good don't just look at the fuse you might not see the break) good luck

Goodfellas1957
Sorry for the screw up trying to fix a broublem with my chevy and was on the wrong page

Goodfellas1957