CADILLAC FLEETWOOD FUEL PRESSURE PROBLEM

1993 Cadillac Fleetwood • 152,000 miles

I have a 93 Fleetwood with a 5.7 liter 350 motor. The car had some recent head work done and we can't get the car to stay running. The car starts and stalls. I was able to get the car running by grounding the timing connector. We disconnect timing connector from ground and the car continues to run. If we shut the vehicle off and try to restart the car without the timing connector grounded it stumbles and dies. Fuel pressure is at 13psi, timing has been set to 0deg, has new wires and plugs, old distributer but no cracks and looks clean, cap and rotor are new. If anyone has come across this problem please reply. We've tried everything!
Stevenrdz81

Did you check for any codes?

Did you return to the shop and have them check this since the repair was done?

It does sounds like a timing issue but you will need a scan tool to monitor the sensors for this.

There are no codes and I had to call the BAR to get my money back from the shady shop. I wanted my car fixed and the owner didn't want to fix it. It's a very weird symptom. The car starts fine with the service connector grounded but not with it ungrounded. I was able to set the timing to specifications grounding the service connector. It almost feels like there's a missing ground wire or something. Any suggestions? Thanks for your quick response.

Stevenrdz81