I HAVE A 93 CADILAC 5.7L DROVE THE CAR TO SIX STORES THE LAST ONE WOULDNT START HOW DO YOU TELL IF IT IS THE FUEL PUMP?

1993 Cadillac Fleetwood • 18,600 miles

Turns over good just not stating, half a tank of gas
Vince lettau

Check the spark. Does it start if you spray the intake?

Cadieman
Yes it did fire when I used starting fluid.

Vince lettau
So if my 93 cadilac fires when I us starting fluid does that mean its the pump?

Vince lettau
Push off and warmer buttons on a/c panel. Write the codes from the fuel data and come back.

Cadieman
When I push the warmer and off button the code -00 comes on after a few seconds. Is these the code you mean?

Vince lettau
This is a fuel problem no codes for that. Check the fuel pump fuse has voltage.I think its a 20 amp. Mini fuse in the relay panel under the r/side dash. Do u here the pump turn on when turn the key on?

Cadieman
I can hear the pump cycle, builds pressure and shuts off. Fuse checked out to be good. I could feel and here the relay click. This fuse box is under the hood on the passenger side. Still wont start. Charging battery, the going to try putting some gas straight into the carb. Any more ideas?

Vince lettau
Cadieman. I went backout to the garage after you replied on your last answer, so idecided to take the gas lines off the back of the carburetor, both of them, then turn the car over and no gas came out. So does this mean the pump is bad? (Even thow I can hear the pump)vince

Vince lettau
It runs when u spray it thats fuel. Your going to have to replace the fuel pump and hoses to the sending unit. You can check for pump voltage to the pump at the connecter in the rear. Use a test light or meter

Cadieman
I dropped the gas tank on the 1993 cad. Is there a way to check the fuel pump when it is out of the car?

Vince lettau
Page 1 of 2