OVERHEATING/SHAKING

1992 Toyota Camry • 250,000 miles

So my check engine light came on a few weeks ago. At first you could not really tell why because the car was running the way it always does. Then a few days a go I went to the store and I started to hear a clicking sound when I would push the gas. I pulled up to a red light the car shut off. So I put it in park turned the key off and when I tried to turn it back on it gave me a hard time but turned on. I started to go again but I could still hear the clicking sound. I drove maybe a quarter of a mile and the car shut off again but would not turn back on. I let cool down my boyfriend came and put water and drove home. So now I have to fill the radiator and the water tank with water if I want to go anywhere. But today I did that and the car was shaking as I drove. I checked my engine oil and the oil is not cloudy and I dont see the car leaking anything. I did just replace the radiator because it cracked on me a few months ago in the cooler weather. But I just have no idea what it could be and can't afford to go to a shop right now. Any suggestions?
Michellealcantar1

For the Check Engine Light showing, you need to find out what is causing it and the link below explains hw to go about retrieving the touble code.

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/toyota-trouble-code-definitions-and-code-gathering-method-1990-1995

The shaking and ovrheating seems to be bad news, you could have damaged the head gasket. Needing to top up coolant all the time means either a badn head gasket or a leakage somewhere.

Well my car wouldn't start this morning I did start the car by pushing the gas but maybe ten minutes later the car locked on me and once again it won't start. If I have a bad head gallery is it even worth fixing the car? Like if I fix it do you think my cart will run?

Michellealcantar1
If it is a bad head gasket, it is a rather costly job. Worth it or not, you have to decide yourself.
It should run after being fixed.