HI I JUST CHANGED A CV SHAFT ON MY2 LITRE 1993 PASSENGER SIDE NOW I HAV A SMALL LEAK FROM WHERE THE SHAFT INCERTS INTO THE TRANSMISSION WHAT CUD BE THE CAUSE OF THIS

1992 Toyota Camry • 285,000 miles

The leak was not there bfor I changed it
Austin282012

I think there's an o-ring on the shaft you managed to foul up. I've seen it done a few times. Possibly you bought a remanufactured shaft that was assembled wrong and it wasn't your fault. I would assume that if you were able to get everything plugged in and tightened correctly that you did have it in far enough. It looks like the only thing you can do is pull it off and find out what happened. Make sure you get a very clear leak as soon as you can of exactly where its coming from. It may come down to you comparing what you put on with another brand new part (at the store) just to make sure it was assembled together. Might just be a missing o-ring, or you may have destroyed it fighting with the shaft. Either way, not a huge deal except for a pain in the dupa.

ProAutoTech
Thanks a mill for ur reply. Ye it was the correct shaft I compared before I bought it. Before I inserted the new shaft there was a circular spring like washer inside the transmission I wasn't sure where it came from so I slipped it on on over the new shaft before I inserted it into the transmission cud this be the cause?

Austin282012
Yes, I think that came off the old shaft, so you prob doubled up.

ProAutoTech