CHANGING SPARK PLUGS

1992 Ford Ranger • 150,000 miles

Changing spark plugs on ford ranger 6cilnder 3.0 and one broke and metal chunk went in do I have to pull the head or would a scope work any suggestions please pelp don't want to pull the head if I don't have to Thanks
Fordy douge

Find an old speaker or anything else you can break off a piece of magnet. Tie it to a piece of wire and feed it into the spark plug hole. You can also try a vacuum cleaner with a rubber hose connected that matches the hole. You may need to rotate the engine a little by hand until one of the valves is open so you can get some air flow.

What do you mean air flow if you open a valve and rotate motor I used magnet it with a magnet can't find it started it one time real quick and herd noise I herd a video scope could work would you use it and does it work thanks for the help

Fordy douge
Vacuum cleaners need air flow to work. If both valves are closed there's no way to suck the metal piece out.

I never used a video camera, but all that would do is tell you there's something in the cylinder. You already know that.

You might try taping a small piece of magnet to a stick and poking that in there. That would give you more control than the wire I suggested.

Thanks a lot

Fordy douge