REFUELING

1992 Ford F-250 • V8 4WD Automatic • 190,000 miles

Both tanks have been replaced, checked vapor canister switch good. Very very slow to put fuel in both tanks, almost impossible to refuel rear tank. When stop in park, shutoff engine, if u take cap off rear tank fuel spills out under pressure.
all lines look good, new. What? Gauges work fine, fuel pumps fine.
Mark frizzell

Did you check your vent hoses? Vent filter? That has been known to cause this problem.

Fixitmr
There are no vents to the filler tube, is this what u referring to? And there is only the charcoal canister, is what u are also referring to?

Mark frizzell
Ya gotta wonder if everything was put together right. Bad pump checkvalve could account for spillover.

Fixitmr
Yea, I bought it from a teenager who had put the new tanks on new hoses so I know he was in there changing things around, It's like the pressure builds up immeadiatly, like there's no bleedoff at all. Everything is in the tanks( pump, valve etc.)Don't have that same problem w/midship tank although it is slow to put fuel in. It's the fuel that should have the high pressure not the tank correct?Of course it will have some. Did all this change to fuel injection etc. Really improve the milage over a carb? I guess my question is there anythingother than the return line and the canister to relieve pressure. I should be looking for?

Mark frizzell
I JUST LOOKED THRU THE ON-LINE REPAIR MANUAL AVAILABLE TO ME, I CANNOT FIND THE TANK SET-UP IN IT....OR I WOULD SLING YOU A DIAGRAM, SO YOU CAN CORRECT IT.

IT REALLY DOES SOUND LIKE THE PUMP IS PRESSURING THE TANK UP, MAYBE FROM ONE TO THE OTHER....I DON'T KNOW THE SET-UP

I WOULD RECOMMEND THAT YOU SPEND A LITTLE $$$ FOR ONE OF THESE

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/mitchell1eautorepair-car-repair-manuals

I HAVE MANY (HERE'S A FEW), THEY ARE VERY HELPFUL, AND THE PICS AND DIAGRAMS ARE GREAT

CAN YOU TELL I'M A REAL JEEP KINDA GUY?