CHRYSLER NEW YORKER TIRE PROBLEM

1992 Chrysler New Yorker • 91,000 miles

Why does the front drivers side tire make a thumping noise when I drive the car down the road?
Conniecapach-ruger

INSPECT THE TIRE FOR A NAIL/ MAJOR CRACKS OR SPLITS/ EVEN A ROCK---OR A BROKEN BELT (A DIP OR RAISED PLACE ON THE SIDEWALL NEAR THE TREAD, NOT SEEN ON THE REST OF THE TIRE)

SOMETIMES THEY GET A "GOOSE EEG"---THIS MAY REMAIN SMALL OR IT COULD GET BIGGER IN AN INSTANT, STEERING GETS REAL JERKY CW AND CCW (SOMETIMES ALMOST JERKS YOU OFF OF THE ROAD)

SOMETIMES THEY ARE HARD TO SEE. THIS IS HOW I LOOK FOR ONE

IF YOU WILL CHOCK THE OTHER WHEELS AND JACK UP THE ONE WHEEL IN QUESTION

BARELY GET THE TIRE OFF OF THE FLOOR (LIKE AN ANT WOULD HAVE A HARD TIME GOING UNDER IT!) AND SPIN THE WHEEL (MAY NEED TO BE IN NEUTRAL)

IF THERE IS A GOOSE EGG ON IT---IT WILL SCUFF THE FLOOR WHEN IT COMES AROUND (MAYBE EVEN STOP THE SPIN). PLAYING WITH THE JACK HEIGHT MIGHT SHOW YOU HOW MUCH THE GOOSE EGG STICKS OUT. IF YOU HAVE ONE, IT'S TIME FOR ANOTHER TIRE