CRUISE CONTROL

1992 Cadillac Deville • 135,000 miles

I have been working on my 1992 cadillac deville cruise control. I have changed out the turn signal lever that has the cruise control attached to it. I have also changed out the servo. It still wont work. By what I mean it wont work. Is that the light at the bottom that says cruise wont come on. I try to activate the cruise control and it wont come on. Any suggestions I have a new pigtail for the servo. I dont know if that plug is bad or not. I will tell you the car has caught on fire before. Any suggestions. I really dont want to cut the pigtail off that connects into the cruise control servo if I dont have to. Thanks.
Sean03

CK. THAT THE VACUUM SWITCH ON THE BRAKE PETAL IS ADJUSTED RIGHT AND DO U SEE THE YELLOW LIGHT?

Cadieman
No I don't see the yellow light. I checked the switch on the brake pedal and it looks like it is adjusted right.

Sean03
Ch. The cruise fuse for voltage. Ck. The cpu for codes. Push off and warmer buttons on the a/c head. When you see all segments light release and write down the codes down. Ill be hear

Cadieman
Their was no codes. It showed 7.0. How do I check the cruise fuse for voltage. Do I use ac or dc volts or do I use something else and I know I do it with the power on. Thanks. I have changed that fuse before with a new one but it didnt do anything.

Sean03
Use dc volts. Ck. The fuse then remove the lever connecter and ck. The voltage there.

Cadieman
Ok I checked the fuse it was good I pulled the fuse and stuck the meter in where the fuse would go and it had 12 volts. I checked the lever the the red and blue wires have power. I pulled the lever conector out and put the meter to it and the blue and red that would connect into it the pins had 12 volts. I checked the yellow and green wire that would connect into it the pins had 0 volts I guess these two are grounds. I put the meter on continuity and it beeped on all 4 pins. What do I need to do now. This is very interesting I like doing this. Thanks.

Sean03
Ok remove the large hose the servo and see if u can blow air through it by mouth? Put the fuse back in and check for voltage on both sides of the fuse.

Cadieman
Ok I checked the fuse. The fuse is good. I blew through the hose with the car off. It blew straight through and it went out and held no pressure. I blew through it with the car running and it did the same thing is this normal or is their a leak somewhere. The large hose on the servo that I blew through connects to a bigger vacuum hose that goes into the fire wall and inside the car. What do I need to do now. Thanks.

Sean03
One more thing I disconected the large hose from the servo. Was I suppose to remove the hose from the larger line and blow through so it would blow into the servo. Or was the other way fine.

Sean03
I used a mighty vac a few minutes ago. It would not even register a vacuum on the servo. I also disconnect it from the servo and tried to pull a vacuum on it from the hose to the one that goes inside the car. It didnt register a vacuum either. I disconected it from the other hose and pulled a vacuum on it with my finger on the other end and it pulled a vacuum. I pulled both vacuums with the car on and off. Thanks. Maybe this will help.

Sean03