CADILLAC DEVILLE FUSE PROBLEM

1992 Cadillac Deville • 135,000 miles

Hi I rented a book at the library for my 1992 Cadillac Deville. I went through the book and looked at the cruise control switch. All the switch tests worked. I went through doing E.7.0 through E.7.7 all the tests worked. The cruise control still will not work the orange light does not come on. Any suggestions.
Sean03

Check for vacuum to the small hose on the servo. Pull the large hose off. If you can blow through it.U will need adjust the switch on the brake petal right above the brake switch. Start here

Cadieman
Yeah I cant blow through it.

Sean03
U pushed 0ff and warmer and their are no codes coming out. It goes to 70 right?Check the fuse controls the power to the lever. Check for power to the fuse and to the lever. U will need to get the orange light on first.U will need a test light or volt meter.

Cadieman
Yeah their was no codes. The fuses are good the volts going to the fuse is good and their is power going to the lever.

Sean03
U will need to get the orange light on first. If u have power to the wiring connector under the cap by the tilt lever. Is this where u are testing for voltage?Sorry about long response time. Im very sick.

Cadieman
Yeah I have voltage by the tilt lever. What do I need to check next. That's ok take care and I hope you feel better.

Sean03
Next You need that yellow light on. You're getting power to the lever so the yellow light should to turn on. Go to the salvage yard. Look for cars around your year. Slide the cover off. Then unplugged that handle and remove it from the steering column. Look for two or three that you can get. Remove them and put them in your pocket. Then find some stupid thing to buy and go pay for that. The yellow light has to be on when you turn the switch on. Leave it in the off position and pull it straight out of the wiper switch. We can do no more until you get that yellow light on.

Cadieman
Ok I will get a few at the junkyard and see what happens. Thanks.

Sean03