91 22RE MY CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON

1991 Toyota Pickup • 200,000 miles

On my 91 Toyota pickup 22re, I just replaced the exhaust manifold gasket, and my check engine light came on. Pulled my plug wires and got good rpm drops for all. Truck wants to stall almost like Eddie Murphy's banana in the tailpipe (beverly hills cop). Could a small piece of descending pipe gasket make it down and clog that much catylytic space ( those are small gaskets)?
RoamingAnt

I don't think so but check your vacuum at intake if 15" or belwo suspect a clogged pipe. Or if vacuum low at idle like that disconnect the exaust also. But scan for codes and check fuel pressure as well to see what the code is.

It bogs down and tries to stall going up little hills as well. Only goes smooth downhill or level ground

RoamingAnt
Also check your fuel pressure if low replace the pump and filter.

Why would my fuel line all of the sudden have problems? It ran fine, loud because of the exhaust manifold leak, but fine, I could get up to 55 mph, with a little slug to it, but no problems. All I did was replace the gasket, now it runs like a real slug, and going up hill is the weird part

RoamingAnt
Do the checks see what you get

Went to meineke and scanned. Air flow control modulater, on top of air cleaner is what they say. Came back up hill 6 or so miles and ran poorly still.
Stopped at a friends for a half hour and left. 2 miles down he road the check engine light went off and my truck started running fine. I thought I might have loosened the wire when leaning into my truck, I had my neighbor wiggle the wire and still no light. My truck is running well again, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Well I hate to say it but that isn't way I do things. Is my modulater on its' way out?

RoamingAnt
It could be a bad connection or you just didn't install it right if you took it off and reinstalled the electrical connection. Probably what happened the modulator was cutting your air off to the engine, hence poor running especially going up hill or with a light load.