HI, I HAVE A , AUTOMATIC 4CIL 8V. I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE LIGHTING SYSTEM. WHEN I ACTIVATE THE CAR'S LOOKS EITHER QUARTERS OR MAINLY HEADLIGHTS. WHEN I STEPPED ON THE BRAKE. WHEN I TURN ON THE LIGHT INSIDE, IT HAPPENS THAT LOWER ENGINE RPMS R

1991 Mitsubishi Galant • 140,000 miles

Hi, I have a 1991 galant, automatic 4cil 8V.
I have a problem with the lighting system. When I activate the car's looks either quarters or Mainly headlights. When I stepped on the brake. When I turn on the light inside, it happens that lower engine rpms ralenty, it appears that when the current consumption increases through the system, lighting, current steals the rest of the ignition, the engine does not die but noticeable low rpm
approx. 300 rpm down with all the lights. On the way the car behaves very well.

grateful for their help
Canaveloz

Check your battery and clean the terminal ends if it's good

The battery is new and the terminals are clean. What other reason could cause high power consumption. Could be the alternator or regulator. A loose ground wire or loosened?

Canaveloz
A loose ground wire will cause this as well as an alternator not putting out like it should. Check to make sure the battery to body grund cable is clean, like at the body where it connects. Also have your alternator checked as well as belt tension. A loose belt will also give you lower power at idle

Hi hmac300

I have good news, it seems that the problem is solved, check the battery cables and power cord was not very well adjusted but I see that the cable
of land has two children, one directly from the terminal and placed in your land, the second intermediate escapes along the cable, this one is switched off and the cause is that the new battery installed I have found the poles. Connect this cable to work his land but was unsuccessful because the cable does not reach the pole ground. I'll change the battery with the correct polarity. My question is if this is important and ground wire should be connected?

Canaveloz
If it comes form the ground side of the battery connect it to closest place on body. If it's positive don't

Hmac Ok, I'll do it this way. I am very grateful for your valuable help
but I will soon continue with more questions. There seems to be a waste of precion in fuel line, I had to choke a little return hose to compensate for the idle. I will check the pressure of the pump. If this is ok, I'll check the fuel pressure sensor, as I can prove that this sensor is working correctly? Apparently their work is only by vacuum.

Thank you very much hmac

Canaveloz
That si the pressure regulator but check the pressur e first it may be a pump going bad