TUNE UP

1991 Chevrolet Caprice • V8 4WD Automatic •

I JUST DID A TUNE UP AND NOW MY CAR WANT START. It don't want to turn over. But yesterday when I did it I put the wires in the place and it was back firing, so this morning when I woke up I went on the internet to find out the right place to put the wire and I got it and now it still want start. The position I put the wiring in is 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2. I just change the ditributor cap and the rator thing inside it. Could u tell me what do u think could be the problem. I really need your help bad we only have one car and it is this car we can't afford another car, we don't have the money to send it to a shop to get it fix. I really need your help bad.
BIGBILLSMIKE

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine at least 3/16 away from ground -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if so, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it.