FREEZE PLUG HELP

1990 Mazda Miata • 180,000 miles

What would be easiest way to change a freeze plug in a 90 mazda miata
Reedbone

I looked at some but all the motors are taken out

Reedbone
KEEP LOOKING!

BEING A CONTORTIONIST IS ALL PART OF THE FUN

THEY DO MAKE THINGS TO MAKE IT EZer. IF YOU HAVE ROOM TO GET THEM OUT

THIS IS SORTA CHEATING, WHEN YOU HAVE NO ROOM TO SWING A HAMMER TO DRIVE THEM IN

THEY (AUTO PARTS STORE) MAKE/ HAVE DIFFERENT SIZED PLUG THAT AS YOU TIGHTEN THE BOLT, RUBBER EXPANDS OUT AND IT SQUEEZES INTO PLACE.I KNOW OF 2 THAT HAVE BEEN HOLDING OVER 7 YEARS

I LOOKED THRU A FEW ALSO, LOOK FOR THE "TRICKS", MAYBE YOU CAN DO THIS WITHOUT REMOVING MAJOR COMPONENTS

NORMALLY THIS IS AN ENGINE OUT PROCEDURE, AND IS MOST DIFFICULT TO VISUALIZE YOUR "INDIVIDUAL" SITUATION

I REALLY DID NOT WANNA SAY: DRIVE A SCREWDRIVER INTO IT, PRY SIDE WAYS TO REMOVE/ OR USE A SLIDE-HAMMER--COAT EDGES OF NEW EXPANSION PLUG WITH #2 PERMATEX. DRIVE IT IN WITH THE APPROPRIATE DRIVER. DONE, INSPECT FOR LEAKING

INSTEAD, I ALREADY KNOW THIS IS NOT EZ--EVEN POSSIBLE DEPENDING ON ROOM. OR HELP FROM THE SMALL FRAMED GUY AT THE CHINESE TAKE OUT.

GIVE THE VIDEOS A CHANCE--REWORD THE SEARCH---FREEZE PLUGS---EXPANSION PLUGS---ETC

OTHER THAN THAT A "HANDS ON" LOCAL GUY MIGHT BE ABLE TO LOOK AT IT, AND OFFER SUGGESTIONS. Sorry!

Reedbone