OIL LEAK

1989 Chevrolet Celebrity • 114,974 miles

Just got this car off this guy for $1600 a couple days ago. It has been taken care of you can tell, but we noticed an oil leak. Now I know when you get used cars your most likely gonna be putting money into it, so on with my story. We took it to the mechanic, and what they have to do is replace the intake manifold gaskets due to oil leak, ( said not a shocker with a old car) And recommended new spark plugs, ( I always usually get new ones when I get a used car ) New coolant, and oil change. The ending price 532.00. Is that about typical? The cars engine is a 2.8L and the zip is 95203. Stockton, ca
Lizzylizz37

Intake manifold gasket is 479-638 replacing the spark plugs is 91-121. Also a oil change maybe 30. So 532.00 was a good price.

Thank You. Sorry I reposted same question many times. First time on here, getting used to it. : ) Thank You for the fast response it really eased my mind. It sounds like I got with a fair priced mechanic.

Lizzylizz37
Your welcome thats what were here for.