STARTER ASSEMBLY ISSUES?

1988 Chevrolet Beretta • 198,000 miles

The motor in this car is a 2.8l v6, im having an issue with the starter and that is that it has 4 wires running to the starter, 3 wires are 8-10 gauge wirrs and theyll only fit around the big terminal on the starter, then I have 1 small wire thats a 14-16 gauge wire and itll only fit around 1 of the 2 smaller terminals, I tried having all 3 wires hooked up to the big terminal then the smaller one on both terminals (s&r) I put it on one of the 2 terminals and it starts but will not turn off, then I hook it up to the other terminal and it doesnt even turn over? I have a book for the car and it says 1 wire goes to s and 1 goes to r but I cant do that with the bigger wire hooks, what do I need to do and how is it suppose to be assembled, ive took this starter apart over 9 times, replaced 2 starters and now im confused. Help?
88beretta

I only see 2 wires going to your starter I posted a wire diagram for to look at.

Thank you, I will try too see which wires dont belong. Cause all of the wires are coming out of one tube. So ill have to follow those up.

88beretta
Your welcome keep me posted.

Will do

88beretta