LO BEAM HEADLIGHTS INOP

1987 Toyota Camry • 2.0L 4 cylinder 2WD Manual • 156,000 miles

Lo beams do not come on, Hi beams come on only when Light Control Switch is pulled toward driver.
All tail lights work.
Front running lights do work.
RH and LH head light 15A fuses not blown, no power to fuses unless light control switch is pulled toward driver.
Cindy_402000

Try a new headlight switch and if dimmer switch is on floor disconnect it and see if low beams work. They get corroded and have to be replaced.

Dimmer switch not on floor, has a dimmer relay under hood in engine fuse panel

Cindy_402000
Looking at the schematic I see no relay for headlight s in eng panel but I do see one in fuse panel maybe the same one. But from your description it sounds like the headlight switch is bad or the multi function switch on steering column but if yo uhave to pull handle one way to make headlights work then I'd say that would be it. If you wan tot jump the two wires with them discnnectedfrom headlight switch a nd the headlights work on low beam then her eis pic of where to do it. That would tell you it's the switch for sure.