I'M WORKING ON A OLDS . IT THROW 22 DTC CODES AN HERE THEY AREDTC 21- THROTTLE POSITION HIGH16- BATTERY VOLTAGE HIGH15 COOLANT TEMP LOW14- COOLANT TEMP HIGH13- 02 SENSOR ERROR39- TORGUE CONVERTER CLUTCH ERROR38- MANIFOLD AIR TEMP SENSOR LOW3

1987 Oldsmobile Toronado • 110 miles

I'm working on a 1987 olds toronado.
it throw 22 DTC codes an here they are
DTC
21- throttle position high
16- battery voltage high
15 coolant temp low
14- coolant temp high
13- 02 sensor error
39- torgue converter clutch error
38- manifold air temp sensor low
37- manifold air temp sensor high
34- mass air flow sensor low
33- mass air flow sensor high
32- exhaust gas recirculation system fault
33- idle air control problem
29- 4th gear switch failure
44- 02 sensor lean
43- electronic spark control failure
42- electronic spark timing error
41- cam sensor error
46- power steering switch fault
61- Tas switch problem
66- Tds solenoid problem
55- engine control module analog-digital unit error
52- calibration-pak missing

Here is what has been replaced ( crank sensor, cam sensor, TPS, electronic spark control modual, 02 sensor, an ECU had to use old prom an cal-pak chips unable to get new ones.
This is how the car acts- at cold start it starts right up an it kinda loops when idling then after couple of min it smooths out an idles great an if u snap the throttle its right there but sometime it stumbles an if u ease into the throttle its starts to loop really bad an starts to miss an reeks of raw gas an if u let up to fast it will die an sometimes sounds like a liottle back fire threw the throttle body when it dies, Plugs are burning very dark.
Slx1200

Start by clearing the codes and see what resets.

Djcl
That i'v done several times and the same codes pop up.

Slx1200
Check all your powers and grounds to the pcm and I would replace the prom chip

Djcl
Ok should I replace the cal-pak also?

Slx1200
I would.A MEMCAL contains both a PROM & CALPAK. It will sometimes contain a knock filter (as shown in the picture). The '165 ECMs as used in the TPI f-bodys do not have the white knock filter board.

The CALPAK portion of the MEMCAL is located under the knock filter board.

The PROM contains the software and calibration information for the ECM.

The CALPAK contains the limp mode resistors. These resistors are used to calibrate the redundent fuel device (RFD). This allows the engine to still run when the main ECM processing system fails.

On port injection ECM's the CALAPK also contains a cylinder select function. This allows the ECM to know how often to fire the injectors. Once per revolution for an 8-cyl is every 4 distributor reference pulses (DRP). For a 6-cyl it is every 3 DRPs.

The CALPAK is also known as the NETRES (network of resistors).

The P4 ECMs ('730, '165) use a MEMCAL.

The C3 ECMs ('8746, '7302) use the PROM and CALPAK.

Djcl
Ok i'll have to get one from a junk yard cuz i'v had no luck getting a prom or calpak from the parts store.
Thanks i'll give that a shot.

Slx1200
Let me know how it works out

Djcl
Hey do u have a wire diagram of the engine and the wires goin to the ecu?

Slx1200
I will send it to you

Djcl
Check all the power and grounds. Check the grounds using a old headlight run 12 volts to one side of the lamp and use the ecm ground that you are testing for the ground on the headlight. This will place a good load on the ground wire. Let me know if you need more help.

Djcl