I HAVE UPGRADED MY (EE80 2E ENGINE) POINT DISTRIBUTOR TO HEI MAGNETO DISTRIBUTOR AND A/C NOT WORKING

1986 Toyota Corolla • 170,000 miles

I think there was some connection of A/C with the old distributor's coil -ve terminal. And as I have now not connected anything with new distributors -ve terminal, maybe that's why the A/C is not working. I need you to elaborate it. And how to connect the A/C wire to new HEI Magneto distributor?
Waqas27

This should not effect the operation of the compressor according to the wire diagram.

What is the make of the magneto?

The ignition system has nothing in common with the AC

I have the wiring diagram of A/C of my car, here the A/C amplifier pin # 5 is connected with Ignition Coil's -ve terminal, I am here uploading the snapshot. Maybe that's why now the A/C is not working? As the new HEI Magneto Distributor is now connected with A/C amplifier pin #5. Kindly elaborate.

Waqas27
Check the AC fuse -Black wire at AC Amp where does it goes to the old distributor also see below

Should I connect the previous coil's -ve terminal to the new HEI Magneto distributor black wire, coz it has only two wires on it, one is of +12V DC, and other is a black wire (maybe also used for tachometer but my car does not have RPM gauge), so maybe this black wire on new magneto HEI distributor is for A/C amplifier pin # 5?

Waqas27
This black wire you are pointing is going to igniter, and in my car the igniter was mounted on the coil.

Waqas27
Is the AC fuse okay?

I have not checked the A/C fuse, its in the fuse box in engine compartment?

Waqas27
Let me know when you do-check it

Ok, I will check it tomorrow, will tell u after 7 hours. Thank you for your kind valuable support.

Waqas27
Page 1 of 2