NO FIRE TO PLUGS

1986 Toyota Camry • 186,000 miles

We have checked all the relays. Changed the distributor, the igniter, new cap and rotor, wires. All resistance and voltage is within running limits. Help. This is our only transportation. We have gone step by step according to the Haynes manual and also spoken with an older Toyota service person at a dealership. Went to go to work, car started to lose power, then started bucking, then died and did not start again. Again please help.
Cjrmgag

Do you have good spark, injection pulse and fuel pressure, any codes? Check regardless if MIL is on or not.

Mhpautos
No spark, fuel pressure fine this is an 86 toyota, have to count blinks, get a 6 and 11 count repeated. Wants to turn over but no fire to plugs. Concluded by testing all involved systems that the ECU died.

Cjrmgag
Code 6 is for a faulty crank or cam position sensor, this is part of the distributor, if the ECU was faulty you would not normally get any codes, I would be looking at the distributor.

Mhpautos
Replaced distributor

Cjrmgag
New or second hand distributor and I hope that you have checked the main EFI fuse, test it with a test light and not just visual.

Mhpautos
Rebuilt distributor, from my work.I sell auto parts. And yes all the fuses have been changed or tested.

Cjrmgag
You may well have a faulty ECU, can you get a test unit to try?

Mhpautos
Got a warranted ECU to try. Still no fire.

Cjrmgag
If you are still having a problem, you will have to do a pin out and continuity check from the ecu to the distributor, where are you at with this problem, sorry for the delay, I have has my partner in hospital for a week or so and have not had the chance to get on here.

Mhpautos