NISSAN TRUCK BRAKES PROBLEM

1986 Nissan Truck • 175,000 miles

My brakes will work fine on short distances but when I drive over a mile they get mushy and the pedal goes to the floor. I have replaced a leaking hose and then replace the front brake pads, did a bleed and still mushy. I replaced the master cylinder and bleed the whole system. They work for a short distance ( firm and strong) but when I drive over a mile the pedal goes to the floor. If I pump the brakes they work again but if I drive a bit they go mushy and to the floor again. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Semper Fi
Phil.
AZPhil

Guys,
I could really use some help with this problem!
This is my ride to work and anything you could tell me would be great! So far I wasted close to $100 in parts I didn't need and I don't want to waste any more cash. If my donation was not enough let me Know!
Semper Fi
Phil

AZPhil
THIS IS HOW I DO IT---I DON'T NECESSARILY BENCH BLEED THE MASTER CYLINDER UNLESS IT'S BEING REPLACED OR HAS GONE DRY

NEVER SAW YOUR QUESTION UP FOR GRABS

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/1999-ford-f-150-brakes--3

THIS IS SIMPLE, EVEN SOMEONE ON "THE ISLAND" --DAY 2--COULD DO IT---PROBABLY REALLY FAST TOO!

LET ME KNOW HOW IT GOES

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!

Check the load sensing valve for leakages.

I took care of the problem. It was the Brake Booster that was bad.

AZPhil
Glad to know that you have fixed the problem but I have never encountered a booster producing such symptoms and logically it should be hard with braking efficiency dropping.