THIS CAR WILL NOT CRANK???

1986 Chrysler 5th Avenue • 6 cylinder Automatic •

I will start of say thing I have replace the starter and alternator in this car about 6 months ago and already replaced the motor for this car. For odd reason I cranked my car and drove it for about 60 miles makes stop at a few stop at some store but as I arrive to were I was going I turn the car off for less than 10 mintues. When I tried starting the car back up it did not crank back up. However the eletrical systems came on so I was able to turn on the car radio, blow the horn, and had a good extra good battery, so I exchanged the battery to see if it that was the issue but it wasnt. SO how my uncle show me away to turn on the by using a knife as conductor to this black box with plugs that is underneath the hood on the right side of the car what I am guessing its the ignition moduel that the car running for a while. I was told that I need to replace the ignition switch. Which is understandable but is there thing else that I might need to replace besides the switch?
Coreyboc2007

He may have been jumping the starter relay? Need to be sure tranny is in park or neutral and the e-brake is set. When it refuses to crank, did you try cranking in neutral? Wiring diagram is below.

The starter relay, which is probably what you're jumping, is on the left side and has a fat brown wire and red wire. If that relay does not click when you turn the ignition switch to "crank", suspect a defective neutral safety switch.

Yes I had no problem jumping the car using the starter replay until the ignition switch had stop working

Coreyboc2007
You can crank the starter even without the ignition switch, but, if other systems don't have ignition feed, it won't run.