DOES NOT STAY RUNNING

1984 Toyota Corolla • 186,000 miles

I have a 1984 Toyota Corolla, its been sitting for a long time and having trouble keeping it running. I did so much work on it and nothing seem to work, I changed the gas tank, fuel pump, rotor and cap, Carb, and put good clean gas. I did found a problem with that 10 amp Engine fuse in that black box on the fire wall in the driver side engine compartment and when I replace it it causes the engine to die and when I don't have it in it stays running. This car has a electrical problem because the battery wear's down after days of using the car. I put a new alternator and its still wearing down the battery. With the New Carb, I had a mech look at it and he did something to the Carb because its running on high idle and cannot bring it down and adjusting the choke does not do anything. I really, really need help on this one, It never had overheated or blew a head gasket. Timing is correct, I don't know.
Ao7777

Start with basics. Compression, fuel pressure and spark.

New carb>> really new or used?

Tell us more about the fuse. What does not work when it is out

I have spark. I don't know about the fuel pressure and compression check, I don't have a compression and fuel pressure gage. The Carb is rebuilt and I have taken it back once about a screw that was loose under the Carb seat. And about the fuse, when it out the engine runs, everything works, but when a fuse is in the engine dies and the car is hard to start and cut off quickly when you start driving it. However, I still get that power drain after a while and you need to recharge the battery.

Ao7777
What fuse or number in the fuse box?

Its a 10 amp fuse labeled ENGINE

Ao7777
That 10 amp fuse that is labeled: ENGINE, is in a black box where the fan relay switch, head lights and others in the engine compartment next to the battery bolted to the firewall (driverside) fender.

Ao7777
Try disconnecting the alternator, replacing the fuse and see if it runs

Msg for Roy, Thx u. Roy, Question, What do I need to see or watch for if I disconnect the Alternator and putting a new fuse? What will happen? Let me know what to look for or looking for, thx u.

Ao7777
If the alternator is pulling down the voltage to the ignition system, it will do this. Disconnect the fat wire and the little wire. Make sure the big wire is insulated and does not touch anything metal

Which fat wire? Which little wire? Are you talking about the 2 alternator wires? 1 wire is a plug with many wires to the plug and a small wire.

Ao7777