JEEP CJ7 RUST PROBLEM

1979 Jeep CJ7 • 85,000 miles

How do you remove the gas tank from a cj7?

I CAN AID YOU, JUST WANNA KNOW WHY YOU WANNA DROP IT?

WANNA KNOW SO I CAN GIVE YOU TIPS ALONG THE WAY

IS THE JEEP RUNNING?

IS THE TANK EMPTY?

I'VE DONE THIS QUITE A FEW TIMES. REPAIRING. REPLACING. UPGRADING TO A LARGER 21 GALLON POLYETHYLENE TANK ON MINE AND OTHER CJs

DEPENDING ON YOUR ANSWERS, I MAY CAN SHOW YOU HOW TO DRAIN IT EZ, FAST, AND WITHOUT A MESS!

THEN WE'LL GET INTO DROPPING IT AND PERFORMING AND NEEDED MAINTENANCE WHILE IT'S DOWN

I'LL AID YOU WITH ANY OTHER CJ ISSUE YOU MAY HAVE. JUST KEEP ASKING ON THIS THREAD!

THE LAST FOUR RECENT CJs AIN'T RESPONDED BACK TO ME. AM I LOSING MY TOUCH?

I LIKE IT WHEN THE THREADS RUN OVER 100 RESPONSES!

YOUR TURN

Hang in there. CJ will get you through this. He only owns Jeeps and loves them. I think he sleeps in them. Lol

OK, I JUST GOT NOTIFIED VIA EMAIL THAT J and N RESPONDED

BEEN 8 DAYS NOW?WHEN ARE THEY GONNA GET THIS FIXED?

"1979 Jeep CJ7 Problem"WHEN ARE YOU GONNA RESPOND?

SELDOM DOES A CJ SHOW UP HERE----(CAUSE THEY DON'T TEAR UP LIKE YOUR COMMON SUBSTANDARD VEHICLE)

I HAVE MEGA INFO TO SHARE AND WILL ASSIST YOU IN FIXIN', AS WELL AS WITH TUNING UP

ALL YOU GOTTA DO IS KEEP THE THREAD GOING, AND KEEP ME BUSY HELPING YOU.I HATE ANSWERING THE COMPUTER CARS

SEE MY BIG OLE 21 GALLON POLYETHYLENE TANK ON MY '77 CJ 5. FROM DEAD EMPTY, I'LL HOLD 22 GALLONS

I FINALLY GOT TIRED OF A RUSTED OUT TANK

RUST CLOGGING MY FUEL FILTER

HAVING TO FILL UP EVERY OTHER DAY ON MY LONG DRIVES BACK AND FORTH TO WORK