JEEP CJ7 HEATER PROBLEM

1976 Jeep CJ7 • 70,000 miles

I baught jeep used heater core was off I replaced I need to know where to run the hoses thanks

They are both the same size. Verify this. You can place them in either direction

OK----GOTCHA!

IT DOES NOT MATTER WHICH GOES WHERE---TILL YOU ADD ON MORE ACCESSORIES, LIKE A HEATED INTAKE MANIFOLD--OR A AUXILIARY HEATER

I HAVE BOTH

YOU WANNA START OUT WITH TWO 3/4 HOSES ONE ON THE THERMOSTAT HOUSING, THE OTHER GOES TO THE WATER PUMP----ABOUT 1 FOOT LONG EACH5/8 HOSE IS HARD TO FIT OVER THESE ITEMS---THAT'S WHY WE START W/ 3/4

THEN YOU WANNA REDUCE TO 5/8 INCH HEATER HOSE----USING 2 REDUCERS...SEE LINK BELOW----THESE ARE AVAILABLE IN BRASS ALSO

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_heater-hose-connector-plastic-size--5-8-x-3-4-dorman--autograde_21299849-p?searchTerm=heater+hose+connectors

THE TWO 5/8 ths LINES WILL RUN SIDE BY SIDE THRU AN OVAL "HOLDER" ON THE PASSENGER FENDER

---THEN ON UP TO THE HEATER CORE

MY 1ST 2 PICS SHOULD HELP

MY 3RD PIC SHOWS HOW I UPGRADED MY '77 HEATER TO A HEATER FROM '79 - '86

THE DEFROST ON A '77 WAS CRAP---AND IT DID NOT HAVE A "VENT" OR FRESH AIR OFF OF THE HOOD GRILLI OBTAINED AN ENTIRE '82 HEATER FOR $50----IT FIT WELL, IT HAD DIFFERENT ANCHOR POINTS AND A FEW SMALL THINGS HAD TO BE TWEAKED IN

---WHILE TRANSFERRING ANCHOR MARKS, I DECIDED TO "CHOP" ON THE BACKSIDE OF THE HEATER AND "CHOP" ON THE FIREWALL TOO....METICULOUSLY TRANSFERRING MEASUREMENTSNOW I CAN REMOVE THE BATTERY TRAY, AND THE HEATER CORE AND FAN WILL COME OUT THE FRONT (NO MORE REMOVING THE DASH AND HEATER!)

I KEPT ALL OF THE MEASUREMENTS!!!

YOU CAN SEE WHERE MY HEATED INTAKE TEEs OFF CLOSE TO THE HEATER CORE---UNSEEN AT THE BOTTOM IT SPLITS OF TO MY AUXILIARY HEATERTHIS "SPLITTING" IS OFF OF THE "FEED"---THE RETURNS TEEs BACK INTO THE RETURN LINETHESE ARE PARALLEL....NOT IN A SERIES......THE COOLANT REMAINS HOT THROUGHOUT THE SYSTEM WHEN PARALLELED

THIS IS 2 PICS OF MY PROTOTYPE WOODEN UNIT (NOW USED IN MY '46 WILLYS DURING THE WINTER WHEN I INSTALL THE HARDTOP) CONSISTED OF A HANDPICKED FORD HEATER CORE AND A CHEVY SQUIRREL CAGE AND BLOWER MOTOR---LAST PIC IS THE SHEET METAL VERSION OF THE SAME UNIT IN MY '77 (EXTRA BIG TIME HEAT).........I NAMED THEM...."THE SAHARA BREEZE"

I CAN PROBABLY AID YOU WITH ANY CJ QUESTION----KEEP SHOOTING 'EM AT THIS POST

DON'T LET MY EXTRA STUFF COMPLICATE YOU----YOU HAVE 2 HOSES---REDUCED--THEN CONNECTED TO THE CORE----PROTECT YOUR 3/4 HOSES, THEY WILL GET HOLES RUBBED IN THEM AT THE ALTERNATOR AREA

WHATCHA THINK????

THE REST