2004 Saturn Ion Power Steering Problem

Tiny
HEATHERVR7
  • 2004 SATURN ION
  • 4 CYL
  • 2WD
  • AUTOMATIC
  • 44,300 MILES
I am having a problem with my power steering. Sometimes, when driving, the power steering indicator turns on in the dash board. When this happens, the power steering turns off. What is strange about this is that if the vehicle is turned off and turned back on, the power steering is fine. This doesn't happen every time the vehicle is in operation. Do you have any idea what could be causing the power steering to occasionally not work?
Wednesday, December 19th, 2007 AT 3:20 PM

3 Replies

Tiny
MARC636
  • 1 POST
I am having the same problem have you found out whats wrong?

I am having a problem with my power steering. Sometimes, when driving, the power steering indicator turns on in the dash board. When this happens, the power steering turns off. What is strange about this is that if the vehicle is turned off and turned back on, the power steering is fine. This doesn't happen every time the vehicle is in operation. Do you have any idea what could be causing the power steering to occasionally not work?[/Quote]
Was this
answer
helpful?
Yes
No
Wednesday, March 12th, 2008 AT 2:04 AM
Tiny
EXPERT457
  • 2 POSTS
Yes mine does it to acually I use to work for the dealership. Its a problem with the signal it get a bad code. Check fuse replace it should solve it.
Was this
answer
helpful?
Yes
No
Thursday, October 22nd, 2009 AT 12:31 AM
Tiny
SATURNTECH9
  • MECHANIC
  • 30,870 POSTS
See if u have a code c0475 in the power steering control module its most likely the steering motor which they sell seperately if u blew a fuse ur steering wouldnt start working after u cycled the key. Pretty common problem the motor goes bad over heats then the computer justs turns it off. Let me know how it goes it will start happening more and more often though.
Louie
Was this
answer
helpful?
Yes
No
+1
Sunday, October 25th, 2009 AT 10:40 AM

Please login or register to post a reply.

Sponsored links