POWER STEERING

2004 Saturn Ion

Steering problem
2004 Saturn Ion 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 44,000 miles

My 2004 Saturn Ion 2's power steering warning comes on and I lose power steering. When I turn the car off and back on again it corrects the issue. What could be wrong?
Coleymba

U need to see if u have a code c0475 u probably have a bad powersteering motor which means u have to change the steering column a big expense. When u turn the car off and on u reset the computer then the motor fails again then u have no powersteering. Hope this helps sorry about the bad news.
Louie

You can also try calling saturn the number is in your owners manual and see if they can help you with the repair its worth a try theres alot of bad steering columns out there.
Louie

I was at the saturn dealer getting parts and found out they sell the motor for the steering by itself now so its only a few hundred dollars a big savings thought I would let u know.
Louie