WONT CHANGE OUT OF PARK.

2009 Nissan Maxima

Femlvly

April, 20, 2013 AT 9:25 PM

I have noticed recently a decrease in performance lately, but never anything the mechanic could diagnose. Then last week I put new tires, flushed the transmission fluid, and aligned it. The following week I was turning a corner and the steering wheel became difficult to turn. I got it home and a few hours later I went to leave in the car when, it started fine but it wouldn't change out of park to drive or any other gear. Today after a little research, I pried the little plastic cap off where the button is to manually switch the car out of park. So the car drives, but very poorly, the steering wheel is still hard to turn, and the air conditioner wont turn on. And no power at all. All these things happened at the exact same time. Plus the car feels like the rear end is "slipping". I take it to a mechanic on Monday but I am traveling and don't want to get "burned" any ideas of the possible cases?

April, 21, 2013 AT 12:46 AM

Check for blown fuses.

Most probably the brake lights are not working resulting in the gear shift being prevented from being shifted out of park.

The steering getting heavy could mean a fault with the drive belts and that can cause charging problems if the alternator is not turning as fast as it could be due to a fault with the belt or drive pulley.

Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz
Automatic Transmission Service
Transmission Service Toyota Tacoma
Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage
Transmission Service Ford Super Duty F-250
Drive Shaft Removal - All Cars