The starter is on the bottom of the motor in the front where the engine meets the transmission. Follow the positive cable from the battery down and it will go directly to the starter solenoid.
When removing starter, note if any shims are used between the starter and mounting surface. If shims are found, reinstall in original locations. If starter is noisy during cranking, remove one.015 inch double shim or add one.015 inch single shim to the outer bolt. If starter makes a high pitched whine after engine start, add.015 inch double shims until noise ceases.
1. Disable airbag system as described under Maintenance procedures/airbag system disarming.
2. Disconnect battery ground cable and raise and support vehicle.
3. Remove starter braces, shields or other components that may hinder starter
4. Support starter and remove mounting bolts.
5. Lower starter and disconnect solenoid wires and battery cable.
6. Remove starter from vehicle.
7. Reverse procedure to install.
8. Rearm airbag system as described under Maintenance procedures/airbag system disarming.
Saturday, June 23rd, 2018 AT 4:47 AM