WATER FROM UNDER DASH HAS LEAKED ONTO THE ECU AND RUINED

2003 Suzuki Vitara

biker bob

July, 2, 2013 AT 8:18 AM

Water is leaking from under the dash onto the ecu and puddleling in the passenger footwell. It is not the heater core or A/C drain. It only leaks when it rains. The harder it rains the more it leaks. I have removed the wipers and plastic surrond and cleaned what apears to be drain holes at the corners of the firewall. The drain holes were blocked with leaves and dirt. Where is the water coming from? Leaking water has ruined the ecu which I have replaced. I need to stop the leak before it ruins the replacement ecu. I understand from a ecu rebuilder that this is a common problem with the vitara. Please help. Thanks

Wrenchtech

July, 2, 2013 AT 9:31 AM

That is something that you are going to have to climb under the dash to find out while someone sprays it down with a hose. It can be anywhere in the body, the fresh air drain or even condensation from the AC.