WHEEL SHAKE

2006 Volvo XC70

fldennw

July, 10, 2009 AT 1:30 PM

Shakes or Wobbles problem
2006 Volvo XC70 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 50000 miles

I am getting front end shake at highway speeds, but only when accellerating. As soon as I take my foot off the pedal, the shaking stops. While at cruising speeds the ride is smooth. There is no abnormal tire wear, front or rear. A front end alignment tech suggested that it may be a drive train issue (covered by warranty) due to the accelleration only aspect. The dealer is suggesting a possible wheel balancing problem. Neither has examined the car. Any other suggestions?

JIS001

July, 14, 2009 AT 11:58 PM

If your car is still under warranty then you should take itin to the dealership and have them check it out. If you had a wheel balance problem then you should feel the vibration whether or not you accelerate or not. Normally if it shakes under acceleration it usually means you have a bad axle. So just take it in to Volvo a have them check the problem. You may also want to go with the tech on a test drive to show them your complaint. Good luck.

Upper Control Arm Replacement
Safely Changing Your Spare Tire