2006 VOLVO XC70 WHEEL SHAKE

• fldennw
  • 2006 Volvo XC70

Shakes or Wobbles problem
2006 Volvo XC70 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 50000 miles

I am getting front end shake at highway speeds, but only when accellerating. As soon as I take my foot off the pedal, the shaking stops. While at cruising speeds the ride is smooth. There is no abnormal tire wear, front or rear. A front end alignment tech suggested that it may be a drive train issue (covered by warranty) due to the accelleration only aspect. The dealer is suggesting a possible wheel balancing problem. Neither has examined the car. Any other suggestions?

Friday, July 10th, 2009 AT 1:30 PM

• JIS001

If your car is still under warranty then you should take itin to the dealership and have them check it out. If you had a wheel balance problem then you should feel the vibration whether or not you accelerate or not. Normally if it shakes under acceleration it usually means you have a bad axle. So just take it in to Volvo a have them check the problem. You may also want to go with the tech on a test drive to show them your complaint. Good luck.

Tuesday, July 14th, 2009 AT 11:58 PM