GASOLINE MILEAGE

2002 Volvo S80

JohnMartinez

June, 18, 2008 AT 1:34 PM

2002 Volvo S80 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 80000 miles

When I first bought my used Volvo I would fill up the gas tank with 93 Octane and the electronic gasoline meter would say I can get 585 miles to the tank but in reality with city driving I would get about 425 miles. Then I changed the spark plugs to the Bosch Iridium which cost almost 9dollars a plug and the oil & filter and the air filters and now when I fill it up with 93 Octane it reads 460 miles to the tank and I get much less than the original 400 miles on city streets. I always went to the same gas station and received a reading of 585 but when that changed I went to 2 other gas stations and it remained at 460 miles.

Could it be the spark plugs? Should I stick with original Volvo plugs. I looked at the old plugs I removed and they were really old and worn and had no name branded on them.

Thank you.

Docfixit

June, 18, 2008 AT 1:52 PM

How about we check the fuel milage the old way, fill up record milage drive the tank out refill record milage. Then divide gal into miles see what you get.

JohnMartinez

June, 18, 2008 AT 2:38 PM

I did that 2 times after the tune up. This is my 3rd complete fill up and waiting to see the end results. Before the tune up I was getting about 425 miles on the city streets. After the tuneup I was getting about 375 on the same city streets.
Thanks.

Docfixit

June, 18, 2008 AT 2:47 PM

Have the computer scaned for codes see if that gives a clue as to what happened.
Let me know

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement