NEED HELP WITH MY

2000 Volvo S80

hanah

September, 9, 2008 AT 1:44 PM

2000 Volvo S80 Front Wheel Drive Automatic

Greetings
My car is volvo 2000 S80, I drove it and when turn it off, it couldnt come on I changed the battery it comes on but when I step on the brakes it turnes off, a miganegue scaned it and it gives him these messages as he told me ;

-engine control modium faulty code number p1633.

and

-transaction control modum output code number p 1618.

he took the car and he said that he fixed the problem, I drove it and it was ok, but the second day while driving, my car lost preasure when accelerating, I stopped it and waited for several hours, then turned it on the engine are working but by stepping on the accelerator there is no sign of presure to drive the car, I left it today I turned it on it cames on normally and the accelerator are working perfectly I didnt drive it, afraid to have the same problem again, and I dont want for any one to spoil it, I am in africa and I was lucky to find someone to have a scaner, but I know that I wont be lucky to find some one to fix it, what is the main problem, is there any device that you advice me to buy that fixes this problem and what these messages and codes means how can I repair these faults please help.
thanks

JIS001

April, 8, 2009 AT 12:29 AM

You may have had more then one codes then that. 1618 code means the transmission control module has troubled codes stored in it but looks like he did not retrieve them. The other code is for problem with the ABS wich I suspect the module may be bad but there were no ABS codes posted. As for the throttle not responding could be different problems. May be a bad voltage regualator. If your voltage drops below 10 volts then the electronic throttle stops responding when you try and accelerate. Next time that happens check the charging system. Worse case scenario you either going to need to replace the electronic throtle but you will need to load the software which can only be done at a dealership or shop that has access to software or if there is a problem with the transmission and may be going into limp home mode. But if that were the case the service transmission urgent message should come on the instrument cluster?

Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Battery Replacement Guide
Alternator testing done right